With the recent debut the Pixma MG5320 which replaces last year's Canon Pixma MG5220, Canon continues its trend of offering well-built, reasonably priced all-in-one (AIO) inkjet printers with the distinction of being the best-looking printers in their class.
The Pixma MG5320 doesn't look much like a printer when the paper trays are closed. Only the control panel, a series of buttons laid flush into the scanner-bed lid surface, gives it away. Weighing 18.3 pounds and measuring 17.8 inches wide by 14.5 inches deep, it has a little bigger footprint than many AIOs around this price, but since it lacks an ADF, it's only 6.6 inches tall.
ABOUT CANON PIXMA MG5320 PRINTER
Canon Pixma MG5320 per-page cost of replacement cartridges, or cost per page (CPP), is on the high side of average. This model’s sleek, modern design is almost a work of art in itself. In a word, this machine is pretty. No matter where in your home or small office you decide to put it, it will look good.
This is the same ink system used in the Printer Pixma MG5220 and several other Canon printers, which, in terms of per-page operational cost, is disappointing. Kodak has recently introduced printers with re-engineered ink cartridges that significantly reduce the cost of using its printers.
CANON PIXMA MG5320 PERFORMANCE
- Turns your favorite HD movie clips captured with your compatible Canon EOS Digital SLR or PowerShot cameras into beautiful prints
- Maximum 9600x2400 color dpi print resolution with microscopic ink droplets as small as 1 picoliter
- Print photos from your compatible iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and Android Devices with the free Easy-PhotoPrint printing app
- Build-in CD and DVD Printing
- Built-in 2-sided printing helps the environment and can cut paper usage by up to 50 percent
Setting up the Canon Pixma MG5320 couldn't get any easier, especially if your router supports Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS). You simply tell the printer's setup wizard to use WPS. It goes into discovery mode and prompts you to press the WPS button on your router, and then connects to the router. If your router doesn’t support WPS, you’ll need to have your wireless network password handy.
The one step that's somewhat unusual, except on some other Pixma photo printers, is a calibration procedure, which entails printing on a special form included with the printer. The printer prompts you for the calibration form during setup, though, making this an easy step.
Paper HandlingThe Pixma MG5320 has two input trays: a 150-sheet drawer that slides into the front of the device (beneath the 150-sheet output tray) and a specialty input tray that folds out at the back. The rear input tray is handy for printing photos and envelopes without having to reconfigure the main input drawer. When you tell the print driver to use any media other than 8.5x11-inch plain paper, it automatically switches to the rear tray. You can also configure the drawer for envelopes, 4x6-inch photo paper, and so on—just in case you need to print a bunch of envelops or photos in one print run.
TonerCanon's claimed cost per printed page for the MG5320 is 5.2 cents per monochrome page and 13.4 cents per color page, which are relatively high. For example, HP claims 4.2 cents per monochrome and 11.4 cents per color page for the Photosmart Plus, while Kodak—which touts its low ink costs as a key attraction—claims 3.7 cents per monochrome and 11.2 cents per color page for the 2170. A penny or two difference per page may not seem like much, but they quickly add up, especially if you need the printer to do more than light duty.
CANON PIXMA MG5320 SPECFICATIONS
- Product Dimensions 17.8 x 14.5 x 6.6 inches
- Item Weight 18.3 pounds
- Item model number 5291B019
The MG5320 Printer Drivers has a lot going for it as a home (or dual purpose, for home and home office) MFP—very good photo quality, the ability to print from multiple sources and to hold more than one type of paper at a time. The HP Photosmart Plus is also worth considering as an MFP primarily for home use. It prints excellent photos as well, has a touch screen, and adds HP's ePrint and Web app capabilities.
The Canon MG5320's role as a home office MFP is more suspect than as a home printer. Although it has ample paper capacity and prints good text, it lacks fax capability, proved slower in our business printing tests than the Editors' Choice Epson Stylus NX625, has a relatively high cost per printed page, and it lacks an Ethernet port.
CANON PIXMA MG5320 DRIVERS
CANON PIXMA MG5320 FOR WINDOWS
- Download Canon PIXMA MG5320 Driver for Windows Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP
- Download MG5300 series MP Driver Ver. 1.01 Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP
- Download MG5300 series XPS Printer Driver Ver. 5.56a Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64
CANON PIXMA MG5320 FOR MAC OS X
- Download Canon PIXMA MG5320 Driver for mac OS X 10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10
- Download MP Navigator EX Ver. 5.0.3 OS X 10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10
- Download MG5300 series CUPS Printer Driver Ver. 22.214.171.124 OS X 10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10
- Download ICA Driver Ver. 4.0.0 OS X 10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10
CANON PIXMA MG5320 FOR Linux Deb Rpm
- Download PIXMA MG5320 driver Linux Source file 32bit 64bit | ScanGear MP Ver. 1.80
- Download PIXMA MG5320 driver Linux Source file 32bit 64bit | IJ Printer Driver Ver. 3.60
- Download PIXMA MG5320 driver Linux rpm Packagearchive 32bit 64bit | MG5300 series ScanGear MP Ver. 1.80
- Download PIXMA MG5320 driver Linux rpm Packagearchive 32bit 64bit | MG5300 series IJ Printer Driver Ver. 3.60
- Download PIXMA MG5320 driver Linux debian Packagearchive 32bit 64bit MG5300 series ScanGear MP Ver. 1.80
- Download Canon PIXMA MG5320 Driver Linux debian Packagearchive 32bit 64bit |MG5300 series IJ Printer Driver Ver. 3.60